EPSRC's Delivery Plan is centred on four prosperity outcomes that represent what we expect our investments to deliver on behalf of the UK:
- A Productive Nation
- A Healthy Nation
- A Resilient Nation
- A Connected Nation
Engineers have an important role to play in delivering prosperity for the UK. EPSRC would like to stimulate the Engineering community to respond to this challenge through Bright IDEAS awards that aim to address these outcomes.
This initiative will look to support a portfolio of exceptional and potentially transformative engineering research projects that have the potential to contribute to each of the prosperity outcomes. This could be a pioneering first step to the broader outcome or a contribution to one or more of the ambitions within each outcome. A high degree of risk in these applications is expected and welcomed to encourage speculative ideas or new ways of thinking.
- Up to £6 million from the Engineering Theme will be available for this Call, subject to research quality.
- Bright IDEAS Awards are intended to support genuinely novel and potentially transformative research activities.
- Proposals will be assessed over a two-stage process: Outline proposals assessed anonymously, followed by a Big Pitch.
- Applicants can apply for up to £250K (80% value of the full costing) in total
Applications submitted to this Call should be up to 24 months in duration.
|Deadline for Intent to Submit||16:00 on 08 August 2017|
|Deadline for Outline Proposals||16:00 on 31 August 2017|
|Shortlisting Panel||Decisions by 04 October 2017|
|Pitch Dates||Week commencing 16 October 2017|
|Funding Decision||23 October 2017|
- Engineering for a Prosperous Nation (PDF 2MB)
Full call document, including background, scope, guidance, equipment, eligibility, how to apply, application and assessment process, call schedule and contact details.
- Engineering for a Prosperous Nation - Outline: Case for Support (PDF 60KB)
Form to apply for the Engineering for a Prosperous Nation Bright IDEA Award. This form should be completed and saved for submission through the Je-S system. Please note the guidance on completing and submitting PDF forms section of our help page.
- Engineering for a Prosperous Nation - Outline: Justification of Resources (PDF 51KB)
Justification of resources form for the Engineering for a Prosperous Nation Bright IDEAS Award. This form should be completed and saved for submission through the Je-S system. Please note the guidance on completing and submitting PDF forms section of our help page.