The theme for this year’s Symposium is "The Next 10 Years: Challenges, Innovation and Diffusion of Medical Robotics".
The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics allows surgeons and engineers from across the globe to experience the latest developments in medical robotics. It annually attracts world-leading scientists, engineers and clinicians from a wide range of disciplines associated with medical robotics and surgery and this year there is an impressive line up of invited speakers, including Professor Paolo Fiorini, Dr Amir Szold, and Professor Nabil Simaan.
Every year researchers, clinicians and engineers are invited to submit papers on a range of topics. The expert Programme Committee reviews all papers by rating them against particular criteria. The symposium is now held over four days to include workshops on various clinical and technical topics and a two-day main conference, with participation of invited/keynote speakers, paper authors and delegates, from leading medical, science and technology institutions.
Topics to be addressed by the symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Co-operative Control and Perceptual Docking
- Clinical highlights in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic and Paediatric Surgery
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
- Flexible Robotics
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics
- Intra-operative imaging and biophotonics for robotic surgery
- Mechatronic designs for medical robotics
- Medical image computing and computer assisted intervention
- Medical robotics for NOTES
- Microbot design and applications
- Smart Instruments
- Surgical navigation and augmented reality systems
- Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
- A series of invited talks by distinguished speakers
- Panel debate on breakthrough medical robotics
- Oral and poster presentations on a wide range of clinical and technical topics
- An international audience from leading research organisations and universities in medical robotics
- Annual international forum for clinicians, engineers and researchers
- Series of topical workshops
- Industry exhibits
- Surgical Robot Challenge 2017
- 25 June 2017 Surgical Robot Challenge
- 26 June 2017 Symposium Day 1
- 27 June 2017 Symposium Day 2
- 28 June 2017 Workshops
Please note that there will be a Welcome Drinks Reception at 1800hrs, following the final presentations of the Surgical Robot Challenge.
It will be hosted in the Queen's Tower Rooms, Sherfield Building, Imperial College, South Kensington campus.
If you wish to attend and have not registered for Saturday, please email Karen Kerr.
Dates: 25 - 28 June 2017
Venue: The Royal Geographical Society, London, UK