Every year researchers, clinicians and engineers are invited to submit papers on a range of topics. The expert Programme Committee reviews all papers by rating them against particular criteria.
The Symposium is in its tenth year. It is now being held over four days to include workshops on various clinical and technical topics and a two-day main conference with participation of invited/keynote speakers, paper authors and delegates from leading medical, science and technology institutions.
Topics to be addressed by the 2017 symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Co-operative Control and Perceptual Docking
- Clinical highlights in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic and Paediatric Surgery
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
- Flexible Robotics
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics
- Intra-operative imaging and biophotonics for robotic surgery
- Mechatronic designs for medical robotics
- Medical image computing and computer assisted intervention
- Medical robotics for NOTES
- Microbot design and applications
- Smart Instruments
- Surgical navigation and augmented reality systems
- Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the program review committee and assessed for quality and best means of presentation.