The Symposium celebrated it's 10th year in 2017. The 2018 event will be held from Sunday 24th - Wednesday 27th June 2018, lasting over four days to include workshops on various clinical and technical topics as well as a two-day main conference with participation of invited/keynote speakers, paper authors and delegates from leading medical, science and technology institutions.
Every year researchers, clinicians and engineers are invited to submit papers to the Hamlyn Symposium on a range of topics covering clinical specialities in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic and Paediatric Surgery. The expert Programme Committee reviews all papers by rating them against particular criteria.
Topics to be addressed by the 2018 symposium include, but are not limited to:
- New instruments and novel mechatronic designs
- Intra-operative imaging and sensing
- Biophotonics for robotic surgery
- Bioinspired robotics
- Soft robotics
- Continuum robots (e.g. catheter, concentric tube robots)
- MR compatible robots
- Smart surgical instruments
- Microbot design and applications
- Learning and co-operative control
- Robotic surgical workflows and analytics
- Surgical vision and augmented reality
- Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
- Wearable and assistive/rehabilitation robots
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics
- Clinical highlights and first in human studies
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the program review committee and assessed for quality and best means of presentation.